We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unwanted UniBlue. How to get rid.

geordiefred

Likes # 0

Three days ago I clicked on the UniBlue panel for a computer scan. I decided I did not want their service after it ran a scan. Now everytime I start up the laptop, the first thing to appear is the UniBlue panel and it takes a minute or so to get rid of it. I found it had installed itself in 'Programmes', but I removed it from there, but even so it still apppears on the desktop each time I start up. Suggestions please for its permanent removal.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 1

Try msconfig,Then start up.See if the Uniblue program is ticked if so untick it.Apply.Ok.

Should have said go into Run and type msconfig and press ok.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 1

Permanent removal would be to download it again without running it,Then download Revo uninstaller and run it on setting 4 to get rid of it completely.

Only remove the things on thick black print and when it gets to the last bit It may give you about 6-10 things that are on your computer that you can recognise remove them.

Like this post
geordiefred

Likes # 0

Jock1e, Thanks for your suggestion. Prior to trying your remedy it was suggested I try, " Revo Uninstaller." I downloaded that and have now removed UniBlue.

Like this post
geordiefred

Likes # 0

A bit late in the day for this, but as I say in my last post, I got rid of it by using " Revo Uninstaller." I am well past retirement age, and a novice with computers (3 yrs experience) but Revo Uninstaller is very simple to use. I can only recommend it.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

geordiefred it does come in handy at times.

I try not to run it to often just in case it deletes something it should not.

I use it on W/7 but so far not downloaded it on to my W/8 computer.No doubt the time will come when I do need it.

Anyhow glad that sorted your problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do