We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Asus G73JH Help

QuantumMike

Likes # 0

Hello, I bought this laptop (asus g73jh) about a year and a half a go and its been working like a charm up until a few months ago. One day I took it on a road trip and I attempted to burn a disc in the car before we got going in the parking lot, and as soon as I opened the laptop i heard a repeated clicking that sounded a bit like the muffled roar of the computer fan, as soon as this happened, my computer went a bit out of whack; Explorer.exe stopped loading on its on when starting, explorer.exe crashed whenever I opened up start and clicked all programs(also crashes occasionally when browing through explorer for a save site in windows office programs (word and excel).

I have tried using programs like freefixer but it always gets stuck at scanning crss.exe virtual memory files (this might correlate to the above issue?)

Another issue is that an audio producing program on my computer now takes at least 10 minutes to load properly(will crash if you attempt to click it, also takes 10 minutes to switch to a new file or program. (During loading files)

Itunes also has a very slow start up time

I am able to play games such as League of legend on it as well as Guildwars 2 on high settings

I figured the fan might not have been the problem, but could this possibly be from a certain part overheating?

-Mike

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions on the topic will post specs if you need them, here are some basics:

Intel Core - i7 Q720 @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz

8GB ram Windows 7 64 - bit OS

Please let me know if you need any more info

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Duplicate thread, see other thread in Helproom:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4208317/asus-help/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...