We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why is my IE9 so very slow

xania
Resolved

Likes # 0

My home network is 2 desktop PC's and one Laptop all running Windows 7. My pwn desktop has a wired connection to the hub - the other two are connected wirelessly. Both the wireless connections are work well with IE9, so the problem has to be with my PC. I have just reinstall Windows 7 - 64 bit from scratch, and yet IE9 (32-bit version)is taking some 5 minutes to download even the first screen of, say PCA. 64-bit version is just as bad.

I did think that the problem might have been caused by the fact that the PC was downloading all the Windows updates, but this has now stopped and IE9 is still very bad. I have managed to install Chrome and this is working fine, although I blowed if I can get Norton Safe to work in Chrome.

Any ideas, please?

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

I don't beleeeeeve it. On implulse, just tried IE9 again todoy. Now I've have made no changes to my system at all and yet....IE9 IS now working perfectly.

The only thing I can think is that with all those downloads of Windows updates, something went wrong and a subsequent update must have rectified it?

Guess I'll never know!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014