We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I fix this problem with firefox being associated to open a link?

bsqueals

Likes # 0

Just bought a laptop running windows 8. When I opened google using firefox, I clicked 'sure' when asked if I wanted to install the google search app on the start screen, then on the page that followed, when I clicked 'view app in windows store', I was asked to associate a program to open the link to the store, I naively, it seems, associated firefox. However, this prompted a never-ending succession of tabs being constantly opened in firefox and I had to use taskmanager to shut it down. I can't find any way of unassociating or disassociating to correct this issue, Anybody have any suggestions please?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Will they be in your add ons in Firefox.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Or maybe check applications in Firefox see if in there.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You could try clicking Help on Toolbar.

Click on troubleshoot information, And on the right you can press reset which resets Firefox to it's original sate.

Now I have never tried it but I have done it a few times on I/E so I would imagine it should work Ok.

Like this post
bsqueals1

Likes # 0

@Jock1e

Thank you so much, that worked perfectly. (resetting Firefox) Fantastic, well done!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Contactless payments to launch on London public transport this year

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

NASA offers free 3D models of satellites, probes and planets for 3D printing and animation projects