We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Have I boobed downloading an ISO file on my computer

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just wondering if I boobed downloading an ISO file onto my computer as it is for my Grandsons Laptop.

It was a £15 upgrade for his laptop that he got at Xmas.

Will it be safe to run on his laptop or will it have the files and drivers for my computer on it.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

So long as the Windows 8 version is the same (64-bit usually) you'll be OK. What I mean is that these laptops are 64-bit nowadays and upgrading 7 from the DVD will be fine if your desktop is 64-bit. I think I remember it is.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

PS, make sure the recovery disks are burnt and verified before upgrading.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

rdave13

Yes the computer I downloaded the ISO file to is 64 bit so that should be ok.

It just got to the bit where it said it was updating or transferring files to, that had me worried.

I assumed it was taking data from my computer and the ISO file that I burned to DVD would only be usable on my computer.

I take it that I have got that wrong and I should be able to download it on to my grandsons laptop when needed.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

rdave13

I will make sure the recovery disks are downloaded.Thanks for the reminder.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...