We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Start Screen Extra Customisation (background & app tiles)

Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Hey. I know this is the opposit to a question but thought that a lot of other Windows 8 uesrs may find this interesting.

Are you looking for a free way to add a background or slideshow to your start screen? If you are then check out this tutorial I wrote

Are you installing a lot of desktop apps and wish they had colourful eye catching tiles like Modern UI apps do? If so then check out this I tutorial I wrote

Both are very simple tweaks. the first one you may already know about and I am not sure how it works on lower powered machines due to running in the background but from taking a guess, Most mid range computers should be able to have it without any performance change, but Netbooks I think should stay from using it because it likely will slow down your netbook (taking a guess so little warning thats all).

The app tiles task, that may take a while depending on the amount of apps you have, but it certainly makes it a lot easier to find each app quickly.

Hope these two tutorials come out useful for you all and hope that it is understandable for less tech savy people.

Thanks

Jase Wolf

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

ugh -__- always has to be at least one typo. sorry lol

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad