We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Stuck on Boot Screen.

thatjasonguy

Likes # 0

Alright so about 1 month ago I used an ISO to get windows 8, it's been fine until about 30 minutes ago when it started lagging, so I force shut it down, and started back up, it says stuck on the screen with the blue windows logo and a loading circle, the boot screen. So after it wouldn't start after about 10 minutes, I force shutdown again, and started backup then pressed F12, then it showed Automatic Repair, then THAT gets stuck at, "Diagnosing your PC".

Please help.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try holding down the shift button and tapping F8 at start up to see if it will run in safe mode.

The next time it gets stuck on the blue windows logo press the windows key on the keyboard and see if that works.

Or try the windows logo key+R that will open the run box and you can go into msconfig and set it to run in safe mode at the next reboot.

Like this post
thatjasonguy

Likes # 0

@Jock1e,

It didn't work, it brang up "Preparing Automatic Repair" or something

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Sorry not got a clue mine used to stop at the Windows logo screen and I ended up having to reinstall W/8.

Will none of the Windows keys work.try pressing Ctrl Alt delete at the same time.

Or press the ESC button just to see if that works.

Apart from using the W/8 DVD to do a repair or system restore or get into Command prompt I am not sure what else you can try.

I would wait till someone can give you some proper advice first.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Do you get a choice of Advanced repair options.have a read of this to see if anything in there that can help.

Scroll down to Getting into Recovery Environment in Windows 8 without installation media.

Repair

Try and hold down the shift button and keep tapping F8 as the computer starts to see if you get into safe mode.

Safe Mode

Try it a few times it does not always work the first time.Does not work for me at all.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try running system restore from the troubleshoot/ advanced options by using your boot disk.

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Windows-8&faq=26

Remember that if decide to choose 'refresh' you will lose all your installed programs but it should keep all your documents.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

rdave13

Like most of us others he probably did not download and install the Boot disk.

I managed to download mine thanks to one of your posts about a fortnight ago.

This was your post.

W/8 ISO

It may come in handy for thatjasonguy if he can't download it maybe he can get a friend to download it for him.

But remember either a DVD or a Flash Drive.CD is no good.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'