We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anyone out there with an answer regarding passwords

Peter4961

Likes # 0

I registered a Microsoft account ages ago using my current e mail address and a password which I have forgotten. Microsoft won't allow me to open another account which is understandable but, each time I go through the process where they send me a link, I end up with an e mail from them which has no content at all, just a blank page. It has happened about 4 times now. I recently changed to W8 and it would be nice, I think, to use the Microsoft software but obviously I cant. Apart from opening a new account with another e mail address and using an assumed name, I don't know what to do.

Like this post
dont use one

Likes # 0

most of these companies as stupid they have no way to use common brain, i have 2 Skype old accounts but cant access as the email (isp) has gone or taken over so i have now way to recover and after 2 hours on phone they refuse to help so i just create a new one so they have loads rubbish unused accounts. i also know some one that now has 7 Skype accounts as tehy cant recover old passwords that were lost when they changed computers. seems any of these that remember the password are ok until you up grade and if you have not had to remember password for a year or two you've had it.

they are not interested in helping any one.

Like this post
Peter4961

Likes # 0

Tried that already using actual details as I would like it all to tie in with my e-mails but it recognised my username which is also my e mail address and wouldn't let me create a new account. Thanks anyway

Like this post
dont use one

Likes # 0

Do you bot have another email you can use? if not just create one with Gmail or Yahoo

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try setting up in Outlook.com . Just shorten or change your name slightly.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED