We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My CD doesn't show up on the monitor

skromfols
Resolved

Likes # 0

When I insert a music CD nothing shows up on my monitor. If I got to computer, and click on Drive D it tells me to insert a disk, which I do, and still nothing shows up on my monitor. I've been using this system to load CD's into Itunes and it's always worked, but all of a sudden it stopped working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

This may be a long shot, but try removing the power cable completely from the computer (after shutting it down, of course) wait for 30-60 seconds then power up again, this will reload all drivers and hopefully that was/is your problem.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

If you put a data disk in the drive does it show up then in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer)

Like this post
skromfols

Likes # 0

alanrwood, I hadn't thought of trying that. Yes, I inserted a data disk and the date came up on the screen.

Like this post
skromfols

Likes # 0

I also tried loading a disk with picture and it showed up also.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If the CD drive D: reads all other cd's then it sounds like that particular music cd is faulty, try a different music cd in drive D: - one that you know to be okay (it plays on other equipment) also try the 'might be faulty' cd in other equipment.

Like this post
skromfols

Likes # 0

Thanks to everyone for your assistance. I tried another music CD and it worked, so I very carefully examined the CD that wasn't working and found a small piece of transparent tape on the shiny side (which I hadn't examined previously). I carefully removed the tape and the CD now loads properly.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Glad it is sorted.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Sorted, good. You can green tick this thread by clicking on any of the big grey ticks on the right of a post and it will turn green. Next time page is refreshed Thread will be marked 'Resolved'

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Windows 10 is even more like Mac OS X, and not just because it's another OS Ten