We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is MSVCRT

nickf

Likes # 0

Whilst I was running Glary utilities , I noticed 3 entries in the program listing , and I have no idea what they are . googled , and got mixed results . the listings were :MSVCRT , MSVCRT 110 and MSVCRT_amd64 . Bit confused as I don't have any AMD kit in my PC . Any help would be great .

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Do a bit of research in google,don't be lazy and expect us to come up with answers.Sorry but you realy should google it first.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Do a bit of research in google,don't be lazy and expect us to come up with answers.Sorry but you realy should google it first.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

God morning to you too Mole1944 . If you read my post , you would see that I did google it ! Got mixed results , some saying it was a virus or malware , and others saying it was vital for Windows , and yet more saying only used by Windows media player . Most of the information was too technical for me . So ,knowing that there are some helpful people using this forum , I thought I would ask for there help and advice , obviously you are not oe of them .

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I do not think that these entries are anything to worry about, but I agree information is difficult to get the head around.

But I did find this. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library. Non-system processes like msvcrt originate from software you installed on your system. Since most applications store data in your system's registry, it is likely that your registry has suffered fragmentation and accumulated invalid entries.

Oh and well done mole1944 forums really appreciate people like you.(Not)

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Thanks for replying Chronos . Well unless I hear any different , I will leave it alone , malwarebytes , avg and hitman are not flagging it up as a problem . Just confused by the amd bit .

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Chronus the 2nd - I firmly agree with your comments made by mole1944 - totally uncalled for.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

nickf - there is information here about MSVCRT errors and missing .dll's. I would suggest you have a read of it but if all is running okay then there is no need to take any action - as Chronus the 2nd has already said, "I do not think that these entries are anything to worry about"

enter link description here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days