We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Image of w8

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, Is there away to make an image of w8 ,from within windows ,to use if I have to reinstall w8 ? I believe that if you boot of the w8 disc,there's an option to restore from an image . Thanks

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Don't think you can do that,but have a look at this. http://www.recimg.com/

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Windows 8 Help from Tech Helproom.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I use Paragon and others here use Acronis. You can try Chronos the 2nd 's suggestion. I haven't heard of it before. When it comes to drive management/backups I think the paid for versions are best, plus you can get good support (from Paragon anyway) if updates are needed for newer OSs.

By the way, how did it go changing to AHCI in the bios?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

rdave 13 posted this which lets you download W/8 ISO.

W/8

I know it is not the image you are looking for but it will come in handy if you do not already have a DVD of W/8.

Just over 2Gb download so use a DVD and not a CD if using it.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Thank you all for the help . I have been playing around with w8, and have noticed a w7 backup & restore option,it also lists a image option. Anyone have experience with this please Thank

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here.

I had partial success with Win 7 trying out a restore from an image, some programs had to be reinstalled. Some here couldn't find the image on the external drive using the DVD to boot from. Worth a try anyway but not for me.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Thanks will have a play :-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September