We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 7 upgrade quite a while ago!! what files to delete

levyo1

Likes # 0

Hi I hope this comes out ok, but i upgraded a while ago to win7 and now the is quite slow, when i upgraded i set a new user and if i remember correctly i also decided to keep all the old files,but now i notice that in my os (c) disc i have 3.66gb of 222gb left and this is causing the computer to be slow, can anybody help me in advising which files or old user names to delete and the best way to do it, i would rather ask you guys before i did anything drastic, i have also backed up my with acronis and a back up. Thanks you

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Only you will know what personal files you can delete.Not sure what you mean by user names? Do other people use your PC? If so then they would need to back up there stuff.

But I would suggest if as you say you have backed up everything then how about a fresh install of Windows 7 which will give you a lean fast PC. But rather than install Windows on what looks like a rather small (250GB)hard-drive why not buy a 1TB hard-drive, install Windows on it and use the 25GB HDD as a internal backup?

Like this post
levyo1

Likes # 0

HI when i installed win7 i started a new user name for some reason, but when you say re install win 7 do you mean wipe the computer or just reinstall the software?

thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks