We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wgsdgsdgdsgsd exe

Noddle

Likes # 0

Hello, my Firewall caught this file Wgsdgsdgdsgsd.exe as suspicious so i prevented it from opening, but later i saw it was in my computer. I think its a virus. Do you know how to remove it??

Like this post
Noddle

Likes # 0

Thank you for the answers I really appreciate your time!

I am currently using only Firewall and that's why I am asking for advice on choosing an antivirus program. I prefer a free version so i am going to follow your suggestion and download Malwarebytes.

I also did a little searching on my own for some information and came up to this site in google http://www.americanpendulum.com/2013/01/11/wgsdgsdgdsgsd-exe/ It says there that it is really harmful (i must say i panicked a bit) and that it can lock my entire computer.

However, there were no instructions on removing wgsdgsdgdsgsd.exe so i wiw download the antivirus or as you mentioned Anti-malware programs.

I'll give feedback as soon as i can.

Good luck with the snow :D

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Remember Malwarebytes is an Anti-Malware program.

Basically Anti_Virus gets rid of Virus's etc and Anti-Malware is better at removing Malware.

The best free Anti-Virus is supposed to be Avast.

Avast

Remember to choose the free one.

MSE is another one from Microsoft that a lot use not my cup of tea but it is popular.

MSE

Like this post
Noddle

Likes # 0

Ok, now I have another question :-D

If i download an antivirus program is there also a need to download antimalware too? I mean are antivirus programs also that good with malware? I hope you understand me (it sounded more clear in my head :-D)

Thanks.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

No you would need both.

Anti-virus on its own is not good enough.

You will need to run the Anti-malware program manually once or twice a week and always remember to update it before you run it.

Did you build the computer yourself.It is unusual to get a computer without any Security Programs on it.

You would only need One of the Anti-malware programs but if you have already downloaded both it will do no harm.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015