We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

backup of w8

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

on w7 used its own software to partion D on the single hdd to image a backup.

can i still do this on w8?

and

could i clone drive C to a USB memory stick and boot from it to restore w8. [any recommended free software for cloning to usb please]

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This is how to do it on 8, click here.

As for cloning to a flash drive I've not heard if it is possible. What you could do is to create an image on the usb drive and use a recovery DVD to load back the image. You will still need an optical drive.

It's possible to create a bootable usb drive so that you can install 8 from it, click here.

EasUS is well thought of and two free programs you should look at,

partition tool

Todo backup. Hope that helps a bit.

I use Paragon Harddrive Manager Pro, otherwise I'd have given EasUs a go.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rdave13

thanks a good read on the usb link.

Like this post

Likes # 0

read a review of a samsung with a UEFI BIOS said that you can not set the boot order to a USB. can anyone comment on this please. I was thinking of contacting samsung support to check if this was a moody review or not.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......