We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

slmgr.vbs re arm, you now have the max number of rearms

andy63walsh

Likes # 0

I tried to slmgr.vbs -rearm, it normally works, but now I get a message: Error 0xc004D307 - the maximum number of rearms has been exceeded you must reinstal OS system before trying to rearm. Any ideas?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

The message is self explanatory. Have you thought about buying a Product Key.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

got it secondhand and the guy said just do it now and then

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You are running an unactivated copy of your Windows Op Sys in Evaluation mode.

You may find the info on Heidoc.net to be of use and you can legally d/load W7 SP1 from the list on the page (scroll down to the 2nd panel for EnglishUSA) and make your own DVD to try out before you purchase a product key. (no user input is needed when you click on the .iso to download it is a direct link and the file d/loads)

This is what you have been doing (info from my link)

"Reset the evaluation timer. After 30 days of evaluation, you can reset the evaluation timer by opening the command prompt in admin mode, and typing in the command "slmgr -rearm". You can repeat this procedure up to 3 times, so your evaluation time will be 120 days altogether"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014