We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

AndroidAP showing up in wireless network connections

Doite

Likes # 0

I don't have an Android device, but today AndroidAP showed up in the wireless network connection box.It has an option selected to connect automatically and every time I turn it off it turns itself back on again. I'm a bit worried that it's someone accessing my network. Can anyone please tell me why this is showing up and how to get rid of it? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium if it helps.

Thanks in advance,

Doite

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe change your password on the router and see if that gets rid of it.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Your PC will always show a list of the "Available Wireless Networks" that are within range of your Wireless Network Adapter. If someone is using their Android device as a WiFi hotspot, and it is within range, it will be listed. If it has been encrypted you wouldn't be able to connect to it anyway without knowing the key.

There is no reason to suspect that someone is using your wireless network, which I would hope you have secured with, preferably, WPA2, but at least WEP or WPA.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...