We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

conduit or Ashampoo

CaptainSuperted

Likes # 0

Some help please silly me downloaded a free version on Ashampoo and this installed their tool bar on my computer, I have deleted the toolbar or so I though through REVO, but it remains there, I have uninstalled the program itself but the tool bar remains in place. Having searched the internet for answers the ones that I find so go to control panel un-install a program etc and search for conduit etc I have down this but they are not listed. I did go through program files and found some files relating to conduit and deleted these but still with no success and suggestions please.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Does it show in your add ons.

Like this post
CaptainSuperted

Likes # 0

No it does not, since I posted this help request I have managed to solve it with a little help from Youtube. The problem appears to be that even though you delete everything it hides itself, I am using Chrome and therefore it is hidden in the Settings under Appearance you need to click on Open a specific page or set of pages, and change from conduit to say Google.com also under appearance change where is says Show Home Button again to say Google. It certainly was a little B*er and I was beginning to think I would have to wipe my system.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Had a little google and those using Firefox could remove it from there add ons or plug ins not sure what one now.

At least you have got rid of it that's the main thing.

When using Revo did you have it set at setting 4 or 3.

Anything I want rid of I use setting 4.

Like this post
CaptainSuperted

Likes # 0

Revo on setting 4 normally I swear by Revo great bit of kit

Like this post
CaptainSuperted

Likes # 0

Like you I always use REVO on setting 4, normally I swear by REVO a great piece of software

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Usually in Firefox the only way to get completely rid of this nasty is to delete ALL instances of it using about:config BUT you have to be very precise in how you do it.

Like this post
Bapou

Likes # 0

Try ADW Cleaner it's free to use.

Most free programs come with toolbars or other malware these days and many sneak on board even when you use the Custom install tool. ADW flushes these out from the registry and presents you with a report via Notepad and you decide what to delete.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...