We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer Problems

kelnew

Likes # 0

My netbook uses Windows 7 and I have a problem loading web pages on Internet Explorer - it will not load anything past the initial search. Have run full Norton System scan and nothing found have run PC clean up programmes and deleted loads of stuff and still not working.

Can anyone help please?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

It's worth mentioning that you should use the 32bit Internet Explorer when you have W7 64bit installed.

Internet Explorer 64bit is known to have problems.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

kelnew - any update to your problem?

Like this post
kelnew

Likes # 0

I think I've finally solved it, did a complete system restore in the end, must have been something to do with the latest updates that were installed - should have been suspicious when it took hours for them to download!!

Thanks everyone for their replies, I now have some helpful tips for if/when it happens again!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback - pleased to hear all is okay again.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try resetting IE - Open IE - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced Tab - Reset IE Settings - Click RESET in box - Apply - OK. Restart IE.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe update to IE10 if you don't already have it installed.

If northumbria61s method does not work Click on restore advanced settings and see if that helps.

Have you downloaded to the latest Java update or ticked compatibility mode under tools.

If none of those it will probably be a Norton problem.Have you had it on your computer a while.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...