We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

can't print DVD disc label with epson printer

fullywired23

Likes # 0

I am trying to print a disc label on a dvd ,my printer is a Epson stylus photo Px650 .I have the software for the job but when I drag the into the software it says "this is not a epson cd print file.but I have printed dvd labels before with no problems but I can't remember if it was with XP but I am using windows 7 now .The I want to print is a jpeg is there a way to change it to an epson print file? and if so ,how do I do it

viejo
Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Epsom W7 drivers and Creativity Software programs make sure you have selected either 64bit or 32bit in the left box for OpSys

How to print CD/DVDs with the Stylus Photo P/PX range

Like this post
fullywired23

Likes # 0

Hi lotvic

Thanks for your reply .It tried your links but no joy I contacted Epson and he told me to download the latest software from their site I did that but still no joy I can't get it to work

viejo
Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Sorry for broken link, don't know what happened there. Here it is again. ClickHere index page for Drivers and software.

Can you say what you are doing and at what point you can't get it to work? As I understand it you are wanting to print a picture straight onto a DVD, is that right?

Have you created the cover in 'Print CD' software program? as per my 2nd link (that does work) "Before you print, create the CD/DVD label data using EPSON Print CD. We only recommend using the EPSON Print CD software to print directly to CD/DVDs."

Like this post
Newuser4165

Likes # 0

I've had the same trouble with Win7 64bitbut have now got it working:-

Open printCd Import the picture from the file source and adjust as appropriate. Select Print - you see the message regarding driver not installed.Click OK Select Tray then ensure you select Tray 2 Click Manual Print Select your printer - mine is an R300 Check paper is selected as manual,A4 (this is the default normally) Select Properties, CD/DVD Premium Surface as Media Click Ok and OK again.

Don't forget to put a CD or DVD in the tray.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing