We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Mail

jasperjaz
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, my windows mail is corrupted and will not open. I want to put all the mail on a USB Flash drive. However, I can't find it in c:\users\user\appdata\local\microsoft\windows mail

See below. Is my mail still here in one of these files?

All I see is these files and folders

windowsmail (3).pat windowsmail (3).patMSMessageStore windowsmail (2).pat windowsmail (2).patMSMessageStore windowsmail.pat oeold edbres00002.jrs edbres00001.jrs edb00101 edb edb.chk account{3285AF5D-5097-B6CA-EE.............................OEACCOUNT account{3285AF5D-5097-B6CA-EE.............................OEACCOUNT

FOLDERS which appear to be empty: Stationary microsoft communities (1) microsoft communities local folders (1) local folders Compact backup

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Like this post
jasperjaz

Likes # 0

It says I have an answer but I can only see my post??

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 1

Do a Search for *.eml and you should see all your email files in Windows Mail. Then you can back them up to your memory stick.

Like this post  
jasperjaz

Likes # 0

No .eml files... How could they have disappeared? Can I use data recovery software to find them?

Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED