We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Vista BSOD Help Please

dennyboy1978

Likes # 0

Hi I have had a base unit with Vista business pro on and am having problems.

When i switch it on it logs on fine, and can do anything for about 3-4 mins and then a quick blue screen, and crash. It dosent reboot but I have to leave it 5 mins before Ican restart it. and the same thing happens.....

The BSOD is not on long enough to see the problem listing.

Any ideas?

Like this post
dennyboy1978

Likes # 0

Just to add, there is no power going out to my monitor/mouse after the crash or if i start to reboot my compter straight away.

Dont hae a vista disk available, am waiting for one to be delivered.

any Ideas?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If it reboots after 5 mins then it could be overheating. Have you opened the case to check the cpu cooling fins for clogged up dust and general dust covering. I use a painter's brush and hold a vacuum cleaner nozzle close to remove any disturbed dust. Usual precautions to be used.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As above and check your GPU's fan. Just be careful how you sweep these fans/cooling fins and general area within the PC. Once removed of dust then put the side panel back on and see what happens after you boot up.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

That should be an artist's brush, new and unused.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...