We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

minimised page not shwn in task bar

sercher70

Likes # 0

I have a new samsong nett book. can anyone advise . win 7 op system it will not show minimised page in task bar can anyone help please. please keep help simple I am just a user not a tech guy( havent any time to waste learning at 82 lol)

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

When you say minimised page - are you talking about web pages? You do not say which browser you are using, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc. What usually happens is that when you minimise a web page it doesn't show up as a separate item on the task bar.

Most browsers now use tabbed browsing which you can see towards the top of your window - a tab with an x or a +. When you click on a plus you can open another web page which means that you have more than one page open at a time. If you minimise both web pages they do not show up in your task bar. In firefox for example, if you hover your mouse over the icon for your browser in the task bar it should show you a thumbnail of one of the pages you have open you click on that - it maximises and you can then see that page with the opened tabs at the top.

Hope this helps.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Perhaps you mean the preview of open windows that you can see just above the taskbar when you hover the mouse above the icons. If so take a look at this link which states that you need Windows Aero to have it enabled. If you have Windows 7 Starter edition on your netbook then Aero will not be available, you need the Home edition or above for that.

Like this post
sercher70

Likes # 0

thks guys I have IE as google chrome has disappeared aand am working on that one. I can now see ok tks again sercher 70

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more