We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nvidia updates

night

Likes # 0

I am using Nvidia for my graphics a GT 220 Graphics card, all the updates have been ok for this card until they have downloaded a new update being 310.90, which has thrown my computer into chaous and on clicking on Windows games it tells me not suitable for devices found, the original update was 306.97 which worked ok for Assasins creed infact all games but the new update is not working, have tried to contact Nvidia but so far no response, how can I rool back to the previous driver without too much trouble or contact Nvidia ?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Go into device manager and just click on roll back the driver.

Not sure if it comes under display drivers or not.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

The nVidia release notes advise that you do not roll-back graphics drivers but uninstall and then install the older driver:

"Do not Use Windows Rollback for Graphics Drivers To reinstall a previous or older NVIDIA graphics driver, do not use the Windows rollback feature. This method will not reliably restore all the previous driver files. Instead, use the Windows Add and Remove programs to remove the current driver, and then install the older driver using setup.exe."

Which version of Windows are you using? 310.90 only supports Vista, 7 and 8.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I would uninstall the driver as above. Here's a list of Nvidia drivers you can install, just click on ">>>" at the bottom of the descriptions, click here to go to the selected download page. You will have to refuse the update afterwards.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......