We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

updating problem on windows 7 home premium

spareroomgirl1

Likes # 0

Can anyone help. Sercurity update for Microsoft visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redustributable Package KB2565063. this wants to update each and everytime I shut down my computer, I have checked to see if it has updated successfully - yes it has. It does this each and every day. How do I stop it (that's if I should)

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Other than doing a complete re-install of Win7, I don't think there is a fix for this problem - even the re-install might not help!

I have the same problem, I gave up after many attempts at different 'fixes'. I turned off auto-updates. So far, no adverse effects and I have been running Win7 on my new laptop for about ten months now.

I would update to Win8, but positively dislike Win8.

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

Hey buddy, try downloading the update and manually installing it. This is the easiest way to solve the issue

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

or you can try the Microsoft Fix it Tool

Like this post
spareroomgirl1

Likes # 0

Done both the above, no joy.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

As far as I can tell, there simply is NO FIX that works!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If it is already installed and keeps recurring then why not right click on it and choose to Hide it. That way you will never be asked to install it again.

Like this post
spareroomgirl1

Likes # 0

bit worried about doing that, not sure what it is for

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I can't see any danger in hiding an update that has already been installed successfully or one that you will never use. For example I have hidden the one that keeps reminding me to install the Bing Desktop; I have no intention of ever doing that but should I change my mind I can always unhide it and install it.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I agree with chub_tor - just hide it and no harm done.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...