We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

caps lock on in word

conrail

Likes # 0

using windows 7 home premium 64bit with office xp, while typing a letter, halfway through I noticed that caps lock was on but the caps lock light indicator was not, whether I have the caps lock button pressed or not I just write in capital letters and as this is a business letter I don't want that so I must have pressed some button (or combination of buttons) please help me get rid of these capitals, it must only be in word as it not doing it here, please help

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

I have just finished the letter, caps and all, created a text box to put my details in and noticed that there is no problem in the text box but caps lock is still on in the main document.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you tried Control - shift - A - this toggles caps on and off.

Try going into format - fonts and making sure that "All caps" is unchecked.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Select all the text in your document and on the Format menu, click Change Case and in the popup choose 'Sentance Case'

I think that 'Shift+F3' (hold down shift and press F3) is your problem. That combination of keys will change the Case of any selected text each time are pressed. (it cycles through the options each time they are pressed) also somehow you have formatted the style to be in ALL CAPITALS.

Have a read of http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/capitalize-text-HP005189449.aspx and see if you can work out how to undo whatever it is.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn, that has worked, must have pressed these keys to put caps on. thanks lotvic, I did that and it worked on the current text but starting new text went back to caps, your link was very helpful, again many thanks to both

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

It is so easily done - glad it's fixed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia