We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cant crop photo with windows 7

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Hi, I have got a new Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 7 installed, I had a windows Vista laptop before and the default programme for viewing my photos was FANTASTIC as I could easily crop photos (great for ebay) but on this windows 7 laptop it has NO OPTIONS at all for cropping a photo that I have downloaded from my camera, it opens the photo in Windows Photo viewer, but the top tools are all blurred, so my question is: which programme can I use to be able to crop the photo of my choice? I am really P'd off that this new laptop hasnt got the FANTASTIC "fix" tools that Vista had, I thought this was going to be a "better" laptop but this photo viewer with no option to crop is a definite step backward, thanks for your help LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Click Start Orb, Type Photo in the search Bar, Click Photo Gallery, Double left Mouse Click the Photo you want to Crop, Click Crop above in the Ribbon Menu, Adjust the Markers and Click Crop again..

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Learning Windows 7: Manage Photos with Live Photo Gallery Howto Geek.com

"If you’re moving from Vista to Windows 7, you might be wondering what happened to Windows Photo Gallery, or in XP you might have used another photo manager. Today we take a look at using Windows Live Photo Gallery from the Windows Live Essentials suite"

The program with the editing options is called Windows Live Photo Gallery. Download it from this page http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-live/photo-gallery-get-started

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It doesn't get much simpler than this:

This is for the free program Irfanview 4 http://www.irfanview.com/

During Install - Remember to Untick also 'include Chrome web browser'

Edit | create custom crop selection | (Actual ratio from image) click on 'Save and apply to image' | use mouse cursor to drag the selection border lines (double headed arrow on lines) up or down, and left or right to cover the area you want to keep inside your 'box' | Edit menu, 'Crop Selection' (or hold down Crtl and press Y)

now go to: File | Save As, and Save the result as (name of file here)cropped.jpg ((or whatever file name you want).jpg - or whatever file extension you want). You can now close your original picture.

Now you can open your newly saved cropped picture in whatever program you want and do whatever you want with it :)

Like this post
MrDigital01

Likes # 0

You can use the PAINT to crop. Open paint and there will be an icon to crop, if its not happening, then you can try other tools.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers