We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live Mail

Ankermi
Resolved

Likes # 0

Have done an upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. Everything working fine other than....

When I boot up I get a dialogue box telling me that I have no associated mail programme installed but if I have to use the Default Programme to set it.

I have done this but to no avail the dialogue box still pops up very annoying.

Windows Live Mail is installed and is working correctly to receive both in and out emails.

When I got into Windows Live Mail Tools>options etc it also shows that Life Mail IS set as the default programme.

How can I get rid of this annoying and intrusive box when I first log in?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

There is start.Click on Default programs on the right.Set default programs.Click on Windows Live mail and make it the default.

I must admit I have not had the need to do that on my computer but worth a try if nothing else works.

Like this post
Ankermi

Likes # 0

Hello Jock1e

Did the repair suggestion. Ran through ok and got up that it had repaired successfully.

Closed down and re-booted but unfortunately the dialogue box still there with the same message.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

More spam from thunam8 FE informed.

Ankermi

Not sure what you can try next.I have never had that sort of problem before and I have used WLM for a few years.

Maybe if you have more than one e-mail address change the one that you have as default just to see if it makes any difference.

Maybe sign in to this Forum to see if you can get any help on there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/37135-windows-live-mail.html

Now I think you have put this in the wrong Forum it is not really a W/7 problem it is a mail problem.

I think you should close this one and open a new one in the Helproom where you should get more replies.

Just add a click here to the helproom forum of what you have already tried.

Just wondering if you use C Cleaner if so maybe give that a run.

Like this post
Ankermi

Likes # 0

Jock1e you have tried to be helpful and I am very very grateful for this help.

Have re-posted as you suggested in the Beginners Forum as I generally use that one anyway.

Yes I do use C.Cleaner and that does nothing either.

Many thanks again, I guess I might just have to live with the thing.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ankermi

Sorry I was unable to help I had never came across that problem before.I hope you have better luck in the Beginners Forum.

You will have to tick this one as resolved as they don't like you running both.

Just click on the grey arrow on the right till it turns green and that's it.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...