We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 and email

gippingman

Likes # 0

Help - after many years I have a new Windows 8 all in one HP pc - model pavilion 23 - b030ea. I used to have an xp pc using outlook express 6 as my mail app which opened pdf, word attachments etc ok, although I believe I was using word 2002 as the word app. I now have installed office 2003 (that is the best I could now find!)on my new windows 8 pc, so I have outlook 2003 as my mail app. I have now got email working ok but need help on 2 things.

1. when I transferred all my old stored emails across using a usb stick, the original sent/received date has been amended in the transfer process to todays (now called modified) date. Is there any way of retaining the original sent/received date? 2.most if not all attachments either do not open or bring up a "does not recognise/open with something else box" - what is the best way of retaining/being able to open the attachments ?

advice appreciated

Like this post
cwoxford

Likes # 0

This is the info from MS web site. I suggest upgrading to a later version of office, there are some good deals on Office 2010 about now or you could try Office 2013 home premium preview for nothing. Hope this helps. Office 2003 applications are not compatible with Windows 8

Article ID: 2777626 - View products that this article applies to.

Expand all | Collapse all

Summary

Microsoft Office 2003 suites and applications are not compatible with Windows 8.

We recommend you check the version of Microsoft Office installed on your PC before you upgrade to Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro. To do this, go to this article: What version of Office am I using?

If you have a Microsoft Office 2003 suite or application on your PC, you will have problems running it on Windows 8. We recommend you upgrade Office to a newer version that is compatible with Windows 8.

More information

To check application and device compatibility for Windows 8, go to the Windows Compatibility Center

To upgrade Microsoft Office 2003 to a newer version visit the Microsoft Store

Properties

Article ID: 2777626 - Last Review: October 25, 2012 - Revision: 2.0

Applies to •Windows 8 •Windows 8 Pro •Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 •Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 •Microsoft Office Excel 2003 •Microsoft Office Word 2003 •Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 •Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 •Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 •Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager •Microsoft Office OneNote 2003

Keywords:
mscommunity kbmsccsearch KB2777626

Like this post
gippingman

Likes # 0

does anyone know if a later office program will definitely resolve my issues already mentioned or is it a try and see if it resolves it situation

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Ultrasonic cover to aid the visually...

IDG UK Sites

Apple iWatch release date, rumours & images - October unveiling, December release expected

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow