We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 8 very slow on booting

Petesilver

Likes # 0

can any one advise why my laptop which I have just upgraded W7-W8 perhaps it is not powerful enough but it passed the windows test its a HP6125 2g memory, 40gb HDD,amd Turion64 cpu.but it slow all round I thought things would improve perhaps its time to return to W7

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I would have thought that the 40Gb hard drive would have been a bit in the small side.

Check device manager for yellow exclamation marks and make sure you have downloaded the Windows updates.

Like this post
Petesilver

Likes # 0

well hdd is a bit small but it still has over 25gb free and there is no problems in device manager

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Try a clean install - you may have seen win8 is not my favorite - but it loads like sh** off a shovel!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...