We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Sony Vaio laptop with windows 7 - bing toolbar

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just bought a new Sony Vaio E5 laptop, it has windows 7 installed, with a preinstalled Bing toolbar, I just want to put the "custom icons" on the top toolbar as I do on my windows XP laptop, how can I alter it so that I have a toolbar on the top where I can add the little icons like ebay, pcadvisor, facebook, youtube, yahoo, hotmail, etc., etc., (I use yahoo toolbar on my Windows XP laptop which is great for adding the little custom ap. icons) thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You need to tick Favourites bar by right clicking any toolbar at the top. Once the favourites bar is showing at the top, right click any icon showing on it, then select Customise title widths, I select Icons only. You can disable the Bing toolbar if you want.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Right, thanks for that, can you tell me how to make my own photo fit the desktop page? the one I chose has two black panels at the side?? the same photo fit on my windows XP Acer laptop OK, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Right click desktop, select personalise, select desktop background, under Picture position, select fill.

Like this post  
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

thanks for that it worked fine!! going to post other query about why I cant crop photos in the windows 7 photo viewer - a BIG disappointment after the FANTASTIC fix programme I had on the windows Vista laptop. LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...