We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

password

Ozy
Resolved

Likes # 0

I live alone no one else has access to my computer. when I boot windows 8 it asks for a password. how can I boot straight into Windows 8 . I have tried many times tapping F8 to get into safe mode, (it just boots into windows.) in windows XP or 7 I have used safe mode/ user accounts/ to set password to "normal" my system is an H.P. 2065 i7 second generation foxcon 2ABF 1.20 main board

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Did you set it as your E-mail account.I have to use my E-mail sign in on W/8.

Try holding down control and tapping F8 as the computer starts it does not work With just F8 anymore.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I found this article very helpful in getting rid of that annoying log on request.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Start screen, right corner, search under apps. Type netplwiz. Right click netplwiz and run as admin. Untick the box for Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.

Enter your password twice as required then reboot.

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

rdave13 that did not work, on bootup it said wrong password

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try again but this time don't run netplwiz as admin. It look as if it's trying to log into the hidden admin account. Tick the box again, apply, OK. Open netplwiz again, but not as administrator this time, and untick the box, apply, OK and type your password and confirm again. See if that works. I've just tried it and it works ok.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Looks like rdave13 directions are spot on.I removed my sign in the first day that I downloaded W/8 but could not remember how I did it.

This shows you how.

http://www.forumswindows8.com/tutorials/how-remove-login-password-6037.htm

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

that did it! thanks for your help

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'