We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help - Windows 7 Explorer error

runedog

Likes # 0

Hope someone can help here as I'm at my wits end.

I keep getting the error message that Windows Explorer has stopped working (I'm using x64 7 Pro) and then restarting. I have tried the following but, to no avail:

Updating all drivers. Running Scannow under admin which could find no vunerabilities. Running a virus check (Kasperky) which found nothing. Ran Malware Bytes which found nothing.

I booted-up in Safe Mode which didn't bring-up the message. Ran System Restore which didn't fix the issue.

It was happening at least every minute originally but now only happens about every five minutes or so?

Can anyone suggest my next move please?

Thanks for any/all help

Like this post
zxscan

Likes # 0

... my view, Adobe reader makes a shit, sorry... depends of kHz and your PC power ... they (Adobe) agree, there is a problem, but nothing doing to solve it... ha ha ... just, all what we can do = accept crash ! ha ha

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have you installed new software recently? I had this problem when I tried Spybot's beta program. I wasn't quite compatible and kept getting the same error. Once I uninstalled it the problem disappeared.

Like this post
runedog

Likes # 0

Hello rdave13,

Yes, I updated my Catalyst Control Center recently but, when this issue started I uninstalled it using Revo Uninstaller. Maybe it did not uninstall properly?

zxscan, I don't use Adobe reader, I use Fox PDF reader.

Many thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It does sound as if something is left over. To completely remove ATI drivers see driver sweeper. Be careful how you use this tool, just make sure you only remove what's left of ATI (AMD), if showing. You'll have to do it in safe mode. If you have the drivers disc for your graphics card, use that to install the original drivers afterwards.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers