We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Window 7 backup

charlton200

Likes # 0

I have been using window 7 backup for some time and It's been fine for me. Since I done a re-instal It has refused to back up my wifes user account. It backs up my user account and the public one but not my wifes. Ever when I choose what to backup and tick her account It still fail to do it.

Is there a way to fix this please?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Backup failures are often associated with password changes - has your wife changed the password on her user account by any chance?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I think you have to backup user accounts separately. Have read through this.

I use Acronis True Image which is flexible and will backup at any level selected from a single document to a whole PC.

Like this post
charlton200

Likes # 0

No, my wife hasn't change her password. Even when I tried to backup my wife's account separately it still doesn't back it up. It does look like it's doing it but when I go to my external hard drive it is not there.

Thank you.

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

Are you running the backups from an admin account?

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Go get yourself a copy of Acronis,then do like me just clone your hard drive to another external one.Hey presto have a problem just swap drives,that way all your data and programs are ready to reuse with no reinstalation.I clone my drive weekly or if i've installed something major,i have 53,500 legal music tracks and to loose them would be a disaster,in fact i clone to alternate drives for safety,my drive has 386Gb of data on it and takes two hours give or take to clone,hope that helps

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...