We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 software problems - help needed

mummybear64

Likes # 0

I managed to download calibre plus 1 or 2 other bits of software just to find they won't install on my Windows 8 even using the compatability option. Also have got Norton 360 if that helps.

Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Looks like Calibre is compatible with 8. When you installed 8 did you transfer all files and folders (apps)? Not recommended in my humble opinion as you transfer Norton. If you have the Norton licence to hand try a refresh reinstall. Right corner (with mouse pointer) settings, change pc settings, general, remove everything and reinstall Windows. If you get the option to transfer anything, select nothing and start again. Re-download your Norton Security. See if that helps.

Remember to backup all your docs, photos etc. before you try this.

Like this post
mummybear64

Likes # 0

I bought as a new computer with Win 8 OS, when it has run test after doing it's thing in compatability mode it says unable to resolve problem search online for solution & will send report to Microsoft which it seems unable to complete

Like this post
sprintcaracer

Likes # 0

GET CONSTANT WINDOWS 8 UPGRADES FROM MICROSOFT. RUNS FOR HOURS AND NEVER FINISHES. HAVE TO TURN COMPUTER OFF

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

sprintcaracer

You have posted your problem in someone else's thread -it's called hijacking. Please start a new thread of your own by clicking on the orange button marked 'Ask a question', and don't type everything in upper case.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......