We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Has anyone reverted to W7?

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I just have.

Not that I didn't like it or couldn't handle the change. I was quite at ease with it and didn't think it much different to W7 to operate, but I haven't been able to get my printers to work from it and Zone Alarm Extreme that I only bought recently doesn't work right on it.

It's shown me that I want a W8 touch tablet as soon as the price is right and will get on with it well, so it was worth the 25 dead squids to try it out for a few weeks for me.

Having reverted to W7, I can see that the new interface is required for fat fingered operation on the Metro interface's touch screen. The W7 start globe will be far too fiddly not using a precise mouse cursor. I look foreward to getting a touch tablet rather than W8 again, W8 is something that a touch tablet requires rather that a vast improvement to any existing W7 computer.

Like this post
diesel

Likes # 0

Frustration ! I had no trouble installing win8 on my main pc ,which is relatively new. Apart from a few tweaks it is running very well. I would not consider going back to win7. Operating it with a mouse is no problem and after a while becomes quite natural. However, on my two year old laptop it has been a different story. I could get it to run but after four attempts of trying to sort out various things not working correctly I gave up and reinstalled win7.No doubt if I had persevered it would have been ok but quite frankly I don't have the time ,inclination or patience to mess about any longer. Shame really because I like win8 but will probably give it another go sometime later when I have time to spare.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I won't consider reverting back to 7 on either the desktop or an old Compaq (Vista originally)laptop. Had to uninstall Avast free on the 64-bit version for a while, blue screen problems, but was ok on the 32- bit. Now up and running OK on the 64 - bit version after a long awaited update. Don't like adding 'patches' to a security program.

Printer (Epson) works fine with Win 7 drivers and no complaints from me.

Zone Alarm will be compatible soon I'm sure, took Avast time enough!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014