We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Pro - Mail - Issue

Likes # 0

Morning all,

I am trying to help a friend set up his email account using the mail app in Windows 8.

However, when clicking on the Mail tile, all that is displayed is a blank screen and nothing else.

I have gone into settings etc but I am not offered the option of different mail accounts.

Quite clearly something is wrong and I wondered if anyone had experienced this or have found a way to correct it.

Your comments / thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Angry ;-)

Like this post

Likes # 0

what e-mail provider are you looking for.

Outlook.com works ok with W/8.

Like this post

Likes # 0

You should have an account you log in to your PC with a hotmail,Outlook or live mail account, with the mail password. So you log in as [email protected] and the email password. If you only have a standard account you log in then a lot of tiles won't work.

Like this post

Likes # 0

In response to the two comments and to provide further information please click the link to view what I am seeing when opening the mail tile in Windows 8.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/mailappscreenshot.jpg/

The mail account needing to be added is a gmx account and I have personally done this successfully in the past. However, I do not appear to have the options on my friends pc. Please note that I am working remotely on his pc using Teamviewer.

Thanks again.

Angry ;-)

Like this post

Likes # 0

Can you not just download it from here and run it.

http://www.gmx.co.uk/

You do not need to put this one on the tile just do it separately.

I have a separate one for Windows Live mail.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Mr Angry, with then Mail app open in front of you, bring up the Charms Bar, click on "Settings" then on "Accounts" at the top. You should then see the option to add a new mail account. Apologies if you've already tried this.

If however your friend's not keen on the limited and very basic features of the Mail app then Windows Live Mail is a fully-featured desktop e-mail client that works fine in Windows 8.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad