We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Web pages not viewing properly in windows 8

Mike__81

Likes # 0

I have recently bought a 8 laptop and have installed the adobe flash player as instructed, but it seems that after viewing a couple of websites, the view of the sites changes as if the flash player is not reading it. when i tried deleting my browsing history it went back to normal again and the pages were coming up properly, but it keeps happening everytime i log on and it happens after viewing about 9 webpages. any ideas as this is driving me insane!!!!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Not sure if you needed to download Flash player or not.Any updates for it are now downloaded by Microsoft.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check in IE10, tools, manage add-ons, under 'show' select 'all add-ons', you should see Shockwave Flash Object. Version should be 11.3.376.12

Flash is now a third party component of the OS and will update automatically via Windows update. Possibly updating the IE version of flash has upset the apple cart.

Run IE without add-ons, mouse cursor to bottom left and right click. Select run and paste iexplore –extoff . IE 10 will open without add-ons. Enable flash, for a while, to see if you get the same problem. If not then it could be another add-on.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Missed typed that, it ii iexplore -extoff

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Missed typed that, it ii iexplore -extoff

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forget that last command in run. Although it's showing as no add-ons are running, they still are.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In IE 10 select tools, internet options, advanced tab and reset Internet Explorer. You will have to reboot. Try running flash based sites for a while to see if ok. You might have to reinstall other add-ons again.

Like this post
mask505

Likes # 0

I have the same problem. I try with mozilla firefox, google chrome & IE pages is not display properly until I delete cookies, history etc but it only work for next 4 or 5 day same thing again. any idea. please help me out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers