We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help Please. Blank screen after an update. Cannot restore back or create restore point.

godfryshiv06

Likes # 0

I recently installed some updates in my Proline notebook, but after installing the 30 percent, it failed to restart, with the screen showing nothing (as if it's off). I then tried to restore it to an earlier time via safe mode but the restore point available is only the one as at the time of the update. I tried to create a restore point, but when i tried, i cannot even find system protection when i looked for it and it directs me to system properties where my computer's description is blank and it cannot be edited.Even the updates cannot be uninstalled via safe mode.Is there no other options i can try in order to start my laptop normally again?

Like this post
godfryshiv06

Likes # 0

Dope,thanks difarn, will try this.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best camera phone of 2015: iPhone 6 Plus vs LG G4 vs Galaxy S6 vs One M9 vs Nexus 6

IDG UK Sites

In defence of BlackBerrys

IDG UK Sites

Why we should reserve judgement on Apple ditching Helvetica in OS X/iOS for the Apple Watch's San...

IDG UK Sites

Retina 3.3GHz iMac 27in preview: Apple cuts £400 of price of Retina iMac with new model