We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer v9 scripts and activex

misterslate64

Likes # 0

How do I stop Internet Explorer telling me that it has 'restricted this page from running scripts or activex controls', the only option it gives me is to 'allow blocked content' and when I click on it ,it reloads the web page and puts up the same popup message again.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Can I suggest that you roll IE9 back to IE8 and then update it again - it may just be a glitch.

Article on how to do this here.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Failing difarns suggestion, or, in addition to - download and install MalwareBytes if you do not already have it, then update MalwareBytes and run a Full scan - this may take an hour or so depending on the amount of data on your PC. Delete any nasties it may find.

Like this post
Mogolion

Likes # 0

Reset that IE like dr yes said you. But also, but if you don't want to reset every time may bie this video activex software could be helpful for you www.videocapx.com

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Spam by thubay5,

FE Informed..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy your gadgets at launch: Wait and pick up a bargain

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?