We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Corrupted Downloads from Giveaway of the Day

MIke

Likes # 0

Hi

Anyone having any issues with Giveaway of the Day? Occasionally they have useful software for free and I have installed a couple of programs. However recently I've been getting errors saying that the setup file is corrupted and to download again. I do so but still get corrupted files.

I've downloaded set up files from other sites, including directly from the site that belongs to the developer that is giving their software away on the GOTD site and have had no issues. Thinking it might be a problem with unzipping of the zip file from GOTD I've tried other unzipping software to that included in Win 7 but still find the setup file is corrupted.

I'm running Win 7 64 bit Home premium, and have had no issues with downloads of any type from any other site. Any ideas?

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

I've also tried other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE) but still get corruption error

Like this post
microsomma

Likes # 0

Hello,

If you have another computer try downloading it on that and see if the problem follows, if so, then it's likely the source file is corrupted.

Regards,

David.

(Post edited by FE to remove a website address - we don't permit commercial promotion in our forum threads)

Like this post
microsomma

Likes # 0

"(Post edited by FE to remove a website address - we don't permit commercial promotion in our forum threads)"

This is a shame FE, it's all i required to provide free professional support.

Regards,

David.

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

I've tried downloading to my netbook, and it works fine there, however when I copy the files I've downloaded to the netbook to my laptop I still get the message to say the setup file is corrupted.Like I said though any other zip or exe I download to my laptop functions correctly, so I'm baffled, esp as I have dowloaded and installed the occasional program from the site with no issues.

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

I did wonder if it was my antivirus, I use MS Security essentials, but I've got that on the netbook too! The only other thing I can think of is drivers as the two machines have different Wireless adaptors if that is the case I'm stuck. Luckily I don't see too much on GOTD that I want, but occasionally there is a useful giveaway.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK