We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Printer Problem

paulr66

Likes # 0

I recently upgraded my Sony Vaio 64 bit from Windows 7 to Windows 8. It's great except I can’t print out Adobe applications. What happens is I receive a message headed Adobe printer with the message, "The document cannot be printed", followed by "There were no pages selected to print". This never happened under Windows 7. My set up is I have a Kyocera FS1350DN printer connected to my wife's Sony Vaio (she is on Windows7) and I print to this shared printer wirelessly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, downloaded several updates including the up to date drivers, and downloaded the latest Adobe, but this hasn't resolved the problem. Thanks Paul

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Not that it helps, but I haven't been able to print to a Kodak printer since W8 and getting around it the same way as you.

It may prove to be the reason to revert to W7 if I can't fathom it out by the New Year. I don't think there's much between W8 Vs W7 operationally on a non-touch screen computer, but I can see where W8 will be of great benefit to a touch screen when I get one next year.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Spam by chunhat5,

FE Informed..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone