We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BOOTMGR

x_wozza_x

Likes # 0

I am trying to back my files up on my before I restore the laptop to factory settings. I get the BOOTMGR screen but when I go through the options I don't get the option to back up files files?>

Can anyone help please?

Dan

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Before restoring your Laptop, you would normally back up any files that you need to keep by copying them to external media - CD, DVD, USB external drive etc. This would be done from within Windows, it isn't a function of the Boot Manager to create backups.

After restoring to factory settings, all programs will need to be reinstalled from their original installation media. Before restoring, I'd suggest running something like Belarc Advisor which will list all of the programs installed and show the Product Keys necessary when reinstalling them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Contactless payments to launch on London public transport this year

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

NASA offers free 3D models of satellites, probes and planets for 3D printing and animation projects