We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

win 8 desktop icons

keithwoods

Likes # 0

How do I create a desktop icon for Windows Live Mail in Windows 8 ?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You got me.I have it on my Taskbar but can't remember how I got it there.

I presume you have it downloaded can you right click it and send it to the desktop or taskbar.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try search and right click on WLM and down the bottom it should say pin to Taskbar.

Mine is already pinned to the Taskbar so when I do it now it says unpin from taskbar so I would assume thats how you would do it.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In the start page right click WLM and pin to taskbar. Right click the icon on the taskbar and in the list that opens, right click WLM and select properties. From that list that opens you can open the file location under the Shortcut tab, once opened find wlmail.exe in the list. Right click that and in the menu select create shortcut. It will create a shortcut icon on your desktop.

Like this post
keithwoods

Likes # 0

Thanx rdave13. Just a small problem. I cannot find WLM on my start page. I understand WLM is part of Live Essentials. So I looked in 'Programs' and L.E. is there. So I clicked on 'Repair' and it took about 20 minutes to do that . But I still have no WLM tile on my start page. How do I get access to WLM ? Mystery - or what ?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You'll need to download Windows Essentials.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Open your Boot drive and go into Programs Folder then Live Mail and the Icon you are looking for (wlmail) is in there, just right click and put it on your Desktop.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

I should have added that the Icon (wlmail) is in the Mail Folder within the Live Mail Folder.

Sorry about that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad