We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CNCS232.dll missing

conrail

Likes # 0

Hi guys, just reinstalled win 7 with recovery discs, tried to install game but get the message: CNCS232.dll is missing, googles CNCS232.dll but get lots of advice, mainly about downloading programs to repair and install CNCS232.dll, don't know which is best, can you advise me please in installing CNCS232.dll, many thanks

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You may find this article useful - particularly point number 7.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn, followed the instructions on link but still dll is missing, have registered with their forum and posted query, I appreciate you help, many thanks

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I came across this rather long-winded approach via a windows 7 forum that you may want to tackle.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn, gone through all of that, restarted my pc after the command line stated: Windows resource Protection did not find any integrity violations; in the windows/system 32 folder there is no mention of fcdetails.txt in number 7 there is the option of the command line; copy C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\framework\abc.dll C:\windows\system32\abc.dll received the message that The System cannot find the file specified.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Do you have your original windows 7 disk? If so you could consider extracting the missing .dll files - article here explains.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

sorry difarn, I have a recovery partition (D) but opening that just gives me a warning that the partition contains files used to perform a system recovery but I cannot view the files

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

OK - have you made sure that all of your drivers are up to date? You say that you got the warning when trying to install a game - I came across this comment:-

"cncs232.dll is the Multimedia Fusion Library provided by Europress Software and IMSI to provide multimedia support for their games"

Is it possible that you have another game that could be installed that may possibly provide the missing .dll?

You are right to be cautious about downloading one from the many sites that have popped up following a search as it could very well be spyware.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you don't have a w7 dvd you need to burn your own to use for repairs etc.

Go to Heidoc's W7 Microsoft Direct Download Links page and choose English(USA) (in the second panel) W7 Service Pack 1 Media Refresh (SP1 U) for your version.

This is an .iso image file, Burn to DVD with free Imgburn program or any other that supports burning of .iso files.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn, I have one old europress game, Rally, for windows 95 and 3.1, installed that but still get the mising dll message, thanks lotvic, trying that, not sure which my system is; x64 or x86, I just know I have windows 7 home premium sp1 64bit so set both to download, just wait about 25 mins for one and 40 mins for the other

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...