We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Changing mouse cursors on login screen

Siberian Winter
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi. This isn't a problem per se, but I'm curious to know if it's possible to change the login screen mouse cursor. It's just the boring plain white arrow. There's probably a registry setting for it but I don't know where. A google search turned up nothing useful. It seems it's not something that interests many others. I'm running W7 Home Premium. Thanks for reading.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

There are loads of different choices in Win7 - Control Panel>Mouse>Pointers ...

Like this post
Siberian Winter

Likes # 0

Yes, I know how to change mouse pointers for individual users (I've got an animated 'steampunk' set myself), it's the default pointer at the login screen I'd like to change. This is always a plain white arrow.

Like this post
Siberian Winter

Likes # 0

Actually, the plain white arrow is the 'none' pointer. I suspect there just isn't a pointer assigned for the login screen. I'll probably have to live with it unless anyone out there has any ideas.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made