We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Office 2007 or 10 on Windows 8

Flopper

Likes # 0

I am looking at buying an Ultrabook running Windows 8, although I would rather it wasn't and the salesman who is unashamedly a Mac man is giving me scare stories such as how Windows 8 will only 'accept' a legit install of Office 2010 and any previous version of Office will cause Windows 8 to crash. Is he talking nonesense? I am thinking of buying one with Windows 8, ghosting the drive, formatting and installing Windows 7. I know what to do but am I likely to have any problems.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

He is talking absolute nonsense!

Both versions work perfectly.

Like this post
Flopper

Likes # 0

Thanks

He also said that if I were to install on a Windows 8 PC a copy of Office 2007 or 2010 (single user licence) that has already been used I would be plagued by a constant pop up warning me to upgrade/purchase or whatever. Is this true?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have a single user licence and it is installed on both my pc and laptop with no problem whatsoever.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It sounds to me as though you've encountered a sales person keen to sell things you don't need.

Pine Man's advice is good - what you were told about Windows 8 and Office 2007 is rubbish - Office 2007 will run perfectly well. You will not be plagued with pop-ups,and Office 2007 will activate normally.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert