We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Email Hyperlinks problem in Yahoo Mail

The Teacher

Likes # 0

For some reason I now cannot click a hyperlink when they appear in e-mails, either in text or graphic form.

I can hover over the link but I do not get the cursor to change into a "fist" it remains as it would if writing a Word document.

I cannot recall changing settings and I have searched through Yahoo help but cannot seem to find a solution. I though perhaps that it could be that I have e-mails in plain text not html, but cannot find where to check. However I do get images in e-mails and so don't think it is plain text.

How can I restore the function to be able to click hyperlinks? I am running Windows 7, 64 bit version, and Yahoo Mail classic.

Please help, it is driving me mad!!!

The Teacher

Like this post
The Teacher

Likes # 0

Hi,

Not using IE, using Waterfox, the 64bit version of Firefox. It is only recently that it has happened but I cannot find anything in settings or whatever to help.

The Teacher

Like this post
The Teacher

Likes # 0

I have also tried this in IE and I still cannot open hyperlinks in mail. Hyperlinks seem to work on webpages OK but as above with Waterfox IE does the same, gives me the cursor as I would have in Word when typing. It doesn't even give me the URL of the page it is trying to link to.

The Teacher

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014