We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE uninstall after takeover by Babylon

CyprusJohn
Resolved

Likes # 0

I tried a recommended programme called VIPsportsbox and after downloading and installing it all sorts of things went wrong. I uninstalled it but then found several changes had been made which I am unable to change back. My browsers all defaulted to Babylon search. I cured Firefox by uninstalling and reinistalling it, Crome the same, but I can not find a way to uninstall IE to enable me to reinstall it. Any solutions? Other programmes have appeared as well, which may not have anything to do with this but coincidently seem to be affecting my computer: Yonto,Catalyst Control Centre and of course Babylon.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check your addons in IE and disable Babylon and anything else unfamiliar. Change your homepage back to what it was. Go to programs and features and check for Babylon and any unfamiliar programs such as MySearch.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Should have added to check your search providers also under addons.

Like this post
CyprusJohn

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. I can't get past the opening screen of a tab with Babylon search whirling away. Nothing else works except closing IE.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Run IE without add-ons to do this. All programs, accessories, system tools, you should be able to open IE and go to tools, internet options, advanced tab and re-set Internet Explorer.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer