We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I'm still new at this newest technology!

marie-anna

Likes # 0

OK! I'm going to try this again! Hello! everyone, I always purchased Norton 360 Internet Security every year I feel my computer is safe what I'm interested to know it seems there's always a new virus to worry about and that we haven't heard is there a BIG possibility we can expect Norton to improve each year by being prepared, ahead of what's going on, for whatever comes to try and destroy our computer!!

Also on a regular basis which Scan should I use and how many times a month FULL QUICK CUSTOM (which I certainly don't know what that means) I would also want to know why won't the manufactures find a way of taking the time to have a booklet that goes with a laptop, just like a VCR instruction that goes with it, it would be so much simple and better instead of going to retail where you purchased the computer its a REAL HASSLE I couldn't believe there wasn't no booklet instruction there is keys that I don't even know what they are.

P.S. I would like to keep my laptop as long as I can possibly can because I'm not interest to have a laptop that so complex that is confusing like I said I'M STILL NEW AT THIS NEWEST TECHNOLOGY its interesting fun BUT OH! MY GOSH

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Nontek, I do and have been. I'm relieved to know she also has local (email) help from you. In light of info I will take extra care in advice.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

lotvic .... Acknowledged, thanks.

Like this post
marie-anna

Likes # 0

I was told that when it happens I'm becomes Iem to press "CTRL and the arrow above that will fix Iem to I'm it didn't work.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Ctrl + shift changes the language layout of the keyboard.

and you said "when I press the key for a question mark it gives me é or É what should I do and when Ièm there see again when Ièm typing and start again the line that flashes before for you to continue to type disappears sometimes I donèt see it and sometimes it goes unto another line I hope you understand what Ièm trying to say you see Ièm I would have to type in I am"

so what is happening is you must have 'Automatically detect language' set or your sleeve is catching on the Language Bar button and that is why it does that. The keyboard is switching between English and (probably) French.

You will have to go to some settings in Control panel and Regional and Language Options. Under Keyboards and Languages and select Change keyboards.

Before we can give you step-by-step instructions, please tell us if you are using Windows 7 or Vista or XP.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Just to make it clear, when someone says to 'press Ctrl and the arrow above that' that means the same as 'Ctrl + Shift'

In order to do that you press and hold down Ctrl while you press Shift (so that the two keys are both pressed down)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

oops, silly me (doh), this is the Windows 7 helproom... so presumably you are using Windows 7.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert