We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I'm still new at this newest technology!

marie-anna

Likes # 0

OK! I'm going to try this again! Hello! everyone, I always purchased Norton 360 Internet Security every year I feel my computer is safe what I'm interested to know it seems there's always a new virus to worry about and that we haven't heard is there a BIG possibility we can expect Norton to improve each year by being prepared, ahead of what's going on, for whatever comes to try and destroy our computer!!

Also on a regular basis which Scan should I use and how many times a month FULL QUICK CUSTOM (which I certainly don't know what that means) I would also want to know why won't the manufactures find a way of taking the time to have a booklet that goes with a laptop, just like a VCR instruction that goes with it, it would be so much simple and better instead of going to retail where you purchased the computer its a REAL HASSLE I couldn't believe there wasn't no booklet instruction there is keys that I don't even know what they are.

P.S. I would like to keep my laptop as long as I can possibly can because I'm not interest to have a laptop that so complex that is confusing like I said I'M STILL NEW AT THIS NEWEST TECHNOLOGY its interesting fun BUT OH! MY GOSH

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

In that picture I have right-clicked on 2Girls .. - result as shown!

Like this post
marie-anna

Likes # 0

To Forum Editor I want to thank you very much for "CLICK ON THESE RED WORDS" I did and when I went to Acer Aspire they didn't have the number I was looking for which it was 7540 Series so I email them and now I'm waiting for a reply.

I would like to know how did you manage on making those words typed in red???

Again thank you very much its interesting!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

marie-anna

I am sure we would all be interested to know if the forums' efforts have resulted in solving any of your many problems?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

marie-anna

No more questions ??

Like this post
marie-anna

Likes # 0

I wanted to know how can anyone type a word with a colour red and also when I'm turns to Iem I was told to press Ctrl and the arrow above well it ain't working!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

The red words you see in posts are links to websites. You don't choose to type them in red, this forum does that. When it recognises a hhtp:// in front of any text it changes it to a link that you can click on. You can make your own words change to red by selecting the words and then clicking on the globe with the green arrow just above the box you are typing in. Another window opens and you paste a url (website address) in the box and it changes your highlighted text to a Hyperlink. In the box below the one you are typing in, the hyperlinks will appear in blue, when you click on post they change to red.

examples: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/28/windows-7/

my own words to Windows 7 page

Both of those will take you to the same page when you click on them.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I still reckon this thread is a wind-up from beginning to end!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Nontek, yeah, fun sometimes. Do you fancy looking at a thread in Helproom 'lost addons' and that's definitely not a wind up. I find it sometimes helps to check profiles before deciding on how I will/will not respond ;-)

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

lotvic

As it happens, I know that person personally - I have been emailing her trying to help, but unfortunately she is a pensioner with some learning difficulties. I have been trying to teach her for some years, to her credit she has shown some improvement, but it is slow going! I encourage her to use the Forum, hoping that it does help her. Please be patient with her and help if you can.

Cheers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...